Volunteer at the Morris-Butler House
Are you interested in antiques, architecture and local history? Immerse yourself in the Victorian era, meet new people and provide a much-needed service by volunteering at the Morris-Butler House in Indianapolis.
As a volunteer at the Morris-Butler House, you'll have the opportunity to help with every facet of day-to-day operation:
- Special events and programs
- Tours of the house
- Preparing displays
- Welcoming visitors
- Cooking and gardening
At the Morris-Butler House, we work to make sure you derive most benefits for your time. Aside from an up-close look at the museum’s displays and the fascinating history they illustrate, volunteers receive several benefits:
- Special trips to other museums and sites, often with volunteers from other organizations.
- A complimentary one-year membership in Indiana Landmarks, including all of the benefits.
- Awards for the number of hours you work and the type of work you do.
- An annual volunteer banquet.
- Discounts on all rentals of the Morris-Butler House meeting and reception facilities.
- Experience and skills you can use outside of the museum.
- The opportunity to meet new people who share your interests.
- The knowledge that you are making a difference in Indianapolis.
For more information about the Morris-Butler House and becoming a volunteer, call us at 317-636-5409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to talking to you!
Volunteer opportunities also are available at Indiana Landmarks' other museum properties, as tour guides for our Heritage Tourism department, and in a variety of roles at our headquarters.