Historic Landmarks Foundations’ day trips and overnights take you to fascinating historic places, including private sites not generally open to the public. We’ve planned four motorcoach tours in ’09, and one new type of offering—for our “member experience,” you get yourself to the destination and we provide tours, lectures and more. Visits to private homes and other special sites not normally open to the public—along with congenial travel companions who share your interests—are what really make our trips memorable.
2009 Member Tours
Day-trips are non-refundable unless Historic Landmarks is able to fill your spot from a waiting list. For overnight trips, we will issue a refund, less $100 fee, if we can fill your spot from a waiting list.
Information and reservations:
Call Tina Connor, 317-639-4534 or 800-450-4534 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2009 Member Tour highlights
Bloomington & West Baden Springs
- Tour of Bloomington, with visits to restored private homes.
- Tea Dance under the dome at West Baden Spring.
- Overnight accommodation in the West Baden Springs Hotel.
$360 per person/double occupancy; $467 per person single occupancy includes motorcoach transportation, overnight accommodation, two lunches, one breakfast, tea dance, tours. Reservation required by July 10.
Corydon & Laconia
- Tour of Cedar Farm plantation (right) on the Ohio River.
- Visits to restored properties in Laconia and Corydon.
$145 per person includes motorcoach transportation, continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservation required by August 19.
Century of Progress Experience
- Friday evening reception at the historic South Shore Railroad Station in Beverly Shores.
- Tours of five Century of Progress houses.
- Lectures by Century of Progress, World's Fair, and Beverly Shores experts.
- Tour of a Lustron home under restoration.
$79 per person includes all lectures, tours, Friday reception, and Saturday lunch. Transportation and overnight stay is on your own.