In the Bank
Located at the corner of Wabash and West Market streets in the heart of Wabash’s downtown, this Second Empire-style building has been a head-turner since it was built in 1876. Constructed by Mr. William R. Collins as the First National Bank of Wabash, today the commercial building is a frequent subject for photographers and artists.
The building includes over 11,000 square feet of space, with four stories and an unfinished attic. The first and second floors currently include a bakery and leased space housing a beauty salon. The third floor includes office and storage space but needs updated plumbing and bathrooms. The fourth floor could be remodeled for a variety of purposes. The property includes 3 restrooms and a kitchen with appliances and furnishings negotiable. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the property is eligible for rehabilitation tax credits. Additional incentives and grant possibilities are available through Downtown Wabash, Inc. The property will be sold subject to preservation covenants held by Indiana Landmarks governing exterior improvements.