Located in the Bedford’s Courthouse Square Historic District, the Krenke-Goff Building offers over 10,000 square feet of potential. After making repairs to prevent its demolition and stabilizing the structure, Indiana Landmarks and the City of Bedford are partnering to sell the building.
Built in 1898 to serve as a livery for William Krenke, his brother Otto, and his sons, the two-story structure later housed a car dealership and an upstairs roller rink. Beginning in the 1970s and for decades after, it was home to Goff Refrigeration Company, the business most locals identify with the building today.
Recent improvements include a new roof and guttering. The commercial building retains its pressed metal cornice, cast iron storefront pilasters, and limestone date plaque. The inside is ready to be built to suit and could house a ground floor business with apartments above. The property includes a parking lot and garage in the rear of the building.
The building will be sold subject to preservation covenants held by Indiana Landmarks governing exterior improvements. See more details and photos on realtor’s website.