Browse Available Jobs
Community Preservation Specialist, Western Regional Office, Terre Haute
Indiana Landmarks seeks a full-time Community Preservation Specialist in its Western Regional Office. The Community Preservation Specialist assists the Regional Director in carrying out preservation services in western Indiana. Specifically, the Community Preservation Specialist will:
- Provide a full range of preservation services for a 17-county region in western Indiana
- Work with property owners, community organizations, government officials, local preservation commissions, and other groups on preservation issues and projects.
- Assist with advocacy efforts to save endangered landmarks in the region, utilizing our Endangered Places Fund
- Help strengthen historic preservation organizations and other groups involved in local preservation efforts
- Provide staff assistance to historic preservation commissions
- Assist in organizing, developing, and presenting regional educational programs (presentations, public programs, workshops, etc.) to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of historic preservation principles and programs
- Degree in historic preservation or a degree in a related field with professional preservation experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with the public, including regular public speaking
The position requires frequent travel, evening meetings, and occasional weekend and overnight responsibilities. Starting salary range is $36,000-$39,000 and includes a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Persons interested in applying should e-mail a letter of introduction and resume by March 27, 2020, to Tommy Kleckner, Director, Western Regional Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “CPS Application.”
Indiana Landmarks offers regular unpaid internships to students in historic preservation, architectural or public history, journalism, public relations, and event and retail management in many of our offices.
Send internship inquiries to:
1201 Central Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46202