Browse Available Jobs
Community Preservation Specialist
Eastern Regional Office, Cambridge City
Indiana Landmarks seeks a full-time Community Preservation Specialist in its Eastern Regional Office. The Community Preservation Specialist assists in carrying out a full range of preservation services in a 12-county region in eastern Indiana. The Community Preservation Specialist will:
- Work with property owners, community organizations, government officials, local preservation commissions, and other groups on preservation issues and projects.
- Assist with advocacy efforts to save endangered landmarks in the region, utilizing our Endangered Places Fund
- Help strengthen historic preservation organizations and other groups involved in local preservation efforts
- Provide staff assistance to historic preservation commissions
- Assist in organizing, developing, and presenting regional educational programs (presentations, public programs, workshops, etc.) to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of historic preservation principles and programs
- Degree in historic preservation or a degree in a related field with professional preservation experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with the public, including regular public speaking
The position requires frequent travel, evening meetings, and occasional weekend responsibilities. Starting salary range is $36,000-$39,000 and includes a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Persons interested in applying should e-mail a letter of introduction and resume by March 31, 2021 to Jessie Russett, Director, Eastern Regional Office at email@example.com using subject line “CPS Application.”