Browse Available Jobs
Special Events Coordinator
Indiana Landmarks seeks a full-time Special Events Coordinator to work at Indiana Landmarks Center, its headquarters in Indianapolis’s Old Northside neighborhood. The coordinator works with the Special Events Department to plan, facilitate and promote events and venue rentals at Indiana Landmarks Center, with an emphasis on weddings, but also including concerts, holiday parties, corporate events and internal meetings. The coordinator will be the onsite representative overseeing client rentals during assigned events, and will assist in promoting wedding and event rentals through managing social media accounts, conducting site tours with prospective clients, and following up with wedding and other event leads.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Special Events Manager to:
o Respond to facility rental inquiries and client leads in a timely manner
o Conduct site visits for potential clients
o Create and send rental contracts, schedule and maintain events on the rental calendar, create and manage client files
o Routinely follow up with clients to ensure that contracts, payments, and other required documents are processed according to established deadlines
o Communicate with clients throughout the event planning process and coordinate event details with caterers and other relevant vendors
o Oversee day-of event coordination: managing client needs, caterers, and other vendors
o Facilitate post-event correspondence for clients and vendors
o Work with the accounting department to process rental payments and refunds in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with clients and event vendors
- Meet regularly with the Director of Special Events to discuss issues related to events, clients, and vendors
- Assist with Indiana Landmarks sponsored events such as our annual fundraising party, art shows, concerts, and lectures.
- Create social media content for Facebook and Instagram, managing posts and responding to followers.
Knowledge, Ability, & Skills
- Experience in event planning and execution or in a related field
- Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to ever changing logistics
- Detail-oriented and customer focused
- Able to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Self-starter, motivated
- Able to work with minimal supervision, comfortable being the sole staff person on site for some events
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and long shifts as required by the event schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to move tables, chairs, boxes, etc.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to anticipate client needs and willingness to work through the logistics of planning an event.
Send resume and cover letter to Tara Elliott, Special Events Manager, email@example.com.
Indiana Landmarks offers regular unpaid internships to students in historic preservation, architectural or public history, journalism, public relations, and event and retail management in many of our offices.
See a complete list of unpaid internship opportunities or send internship inquiries to:
1201 Central Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46202