Browse Available Jobs
Community Preservation Specialist
Indiana Landmarks Western Regional Office, Terre Haute
Indiana Landmarks seeks a dynamic and motivated individual for the full-time position of Community Preservation Specialist in its Western Regional Office. The Community Preservation Specialist assists in carrying out a full range of preservation services in a 17-county region in western Indiana. The Community Preservation Specialist will:
- Work with property owners, community organizations, government officials, local preservation commissions, and other groups on preservation issues and projects.
- Advocate for saving endangered landmarks and historic places in the region, utilizing our Endangered Places Fund
- Help strengthen and support historic preservation organizations and other groups involved in local preservation efforts and initiatives
- Provide staff assistance to historic preservation commissions
- Develop and coordinate regional educational programs (presentations, public programs, workshops, etc.) to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of historic preservation principles and programs
- Degree in historic preservation or a degree in a related field with professional preservation experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage with the public, including regular public speaking
The position requires frequent travel, evening meetings, and occasional weekend responsibilities. Starting salary range is $36,000-$39,000 and includes a generous and comprehensive benefits package.
Persons interested should e-mail a letter of introduction and resume by July 23, 2021, to Tommy Kleckner, Director, Western Regional Office at firstname.lastname@example.org using subject line “CPS Application.”