The Whitewater portion of the Society of Friends built the Whitewater Friends Meeting House in 1878, a Richmond landmark. A mixture of Italianate and Romanesque styles, the building is impressive inside and out. The current owner has invested in improvements and hopes the next steward of this property can take it to the finish line.
The meeting house includes original split staircases leading to the open gathering hall and lower level. Twelve-foot-tall, artisan-recreated front doors welcome visitors. Most of the front windows have been restored. The building includes a solid foundation with recent updates to soffits and cobbles.
The meeting house will be sold subject to preservation covenants held by Indiana Landmarks governing exterior improvements. Visit the realtor’s website for additional photos and property details.