WHAT YOU PAY…
Our clients pay a flat fee to rent venues at Indiana landmarks Center and Morris-Butler House, as well as additional fees such as a damage deposit or security fee. These rates vary upon a number of factors including the day of the week, the length of the event and the number of venues rented. Special rates may be available for not-for-profit organizations. For an estimate of the costs for your event at Indiana Landmarks Center or Morris-Butler House, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN YOU PAY…
Each client makes two payments: the deposit and the balance. The deposit includes 50% of space rental fee, damage deposit, additional fees, membership, and tax (only space rental fee is taxed). The balance includes 50% of space rental fee plus any changes in additional fees
HOW YOU PAY…
You have 14 days from the date on the contract to pay the deposit. We accept cash, check, cashier’s check, or credit card. The balance is due 30 days prior to your event.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL FEES?
Indiana Landmarks charges a damage deposit, fees for security (required for certain events) and audio-visual technician and equipment use, and for the hour between 11 p.m. and midnight. We also charge for photo sessions that are unattached to a rental event. A rental customer must be a member of Indiana Landmarks. The charge for venue rental is subject to Indiana State sales tax.
The deposit payment (50% of space rental fee, damage deposit, membership fee, additional fees, tax) is due within 14 days of contract date. The balance payment (50% of space rental fee, plus any added service that entails an additional fee) is due 30 days prior to the event date. Indiana Landmarks reserves the right to cancel an event if the balance is not paid 30 days prior to the event.
We charge a damage deposit that will be refunded (either full or partial depending on post-event damage assessment) within 6 weeks after the event.
To rent any venue on our campus, you must first be a member of Indiana Landmarks. We provide membership forms with the event contract or you can join online.
If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the event, Indiana Landmarks retains the 50% space rental deposit and membership fee. The damage deposit and any payment made for additional fees will be refunded. For cancellation with 60 days or less notice, Indiana Landmarks refunds only the damage deposit (less rent due) and the fees paid for security and AV technicians.
Indiana Landmarks reserves the right to cancel or halt an event if the property becomes unsafe due to conditions beyond our control or if we discover that the event was misrepresented during contract discussions.
- All alcoholic beverages must be provided and served by one of our approved caterers.
- Guests may not carry-in or carry-out alcoholic beverages.
- Alcohol may be served only at events with food service.
- We do not permit keg beer or straight alcohol shots on our premises.
- Five hours is the maximum length of bar service for an event.
- Bar service must end 30 minutes prior to the scheduled conclusion of an event.
All food and beverage must be provided by one of Indiana Landmarks’ approved caterers. Catering arrangements are made directly between the client and the caterer. (Indiana Landmarks does not require food and beverage minimums as a condition of venue rental.)
We ask that you notify our staff representative for your event of all vendors and contractors that will be working on our premises for your event. You must notify our representative in advance of all equipment deliveries. Indiana Landmarks is not liable for damage on our premises of equipment belonging to others.
We make the space available to a client two hours prior to the event start time for set-up. For weddings, we grant an additional hour of set-up time.
- All decorations and installation plans must be approved by our staff representative for your event in advance of the event. Indiana Landmarks does not provide decorations.
- Nails, pin, wire, tape, or other adhesives may not be applied directly to any building surfaces.
- Candles should be used sparingly and all flames must be enclosed. Unprotected flames are not permitted.
- Indiana Landmarks prohibits smoke effects, explosives, pyrotechnics (including sparklers), confetti, glitter, rice, birdseed, and silly string inside or on the grounds of Indiana Landmarks Center or Morris-Butler House.
- Holiday decorations are installed throughout the interior and exterior of Indiana Landmarks Center one week prior to the week of Thanksgiving and remain in place through the first of January. No holiday décor can be removed during this period.
Indiana Landmarks Center and Morris-Butler House are smoke-free facilities. Ashtrays are available outside the buildings.
In addition to the Indiana Landmarks Center’s adjacent parking lot and the lot on Park Avenue opposite Morris-Butler House, free street parking is available on both sides of Central Avenue, 12th Street, Park Avenue, and surrounding neighborhood streets.
Questions? Contact us:
1201 Central Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46202