Where We're Located
Our regional office occupies an Art Deco (with a hint of Streamline Moderne) landmark in downtown Terre Haute. Built as Terre Haute Mutual Savings Association in 1941, it’s a block south of 7th and Wabash—the intersection claimed as “The Crossroads of America.”
Miller & Yeager designed the one-story building that now owns National Register status as part of the Wabash Avenue East Historic District. The firm employed the Art Deco aesthetic in several of its higher profile buildings, including the Terre Haute Post Office & Federal Building (adapted as Indiana State University’s Scott College of Business) and the Terre Haute City Hall.
The Western Regional Office serves 17 counties, working with individuals and groups to save historic places and offering restoration advice.
The nonprofit Exchange Club of Lafayette commits to restoring an unused 1932 chapel on the grounds of the Indiana Veterans’ HomeKEEP READING
Examining the evolution of the theater designer’s work throughout the state.KEEP READING